The programme is aimed at providing the framework for training auditors who will perform audits on social responsibility at universities.
The auditor training programme aims at reaching the following outcomes:
- After the completion of the study programme students will be able to identify problems
and resources of the University Social Responsibility (USR);
- Students will have knowledge about social audit and will be able to perform an auditing process
on social responsibility at a University;
- Students will be able to conduct interviews with focus groups and individuals as tools
to carry out an audit and collect data;
- Students will be able to analyse the data collected and reflect on it;
- Students will have skills in writing and presenting a report as a feedback to the institution
- Students will be able to self-reflect and self-assess personal learning.
The auditor training programme is designed as a three-phase process organised in a blended mode: an online preparatory phase, a face-to-face 6-day (approximately 40 hours) auditor training and individual work carried out by students as a post-course.
The preparatory phase includes desk research of students on:
- ESSA project and USR;
- context of the project;
- country related logistics (information about the institution where the audit will take place);
- profile of students;
- research methods on auditing;
The six-day intensive auditor training programme is made up of six modules:
- Module One. Introduction to the project and main USR concepts; self-introductions and expectations from the training;
- Module Two. USR Audit and auditing, auditor skills, team-building;
- Module Three. USR Benchmarking criteria;
- Module Four. Methods of auditing;
- Module Five. Simulation of USR audit;
- Module Six. Report writing.
The final phase includes:
- Actual audits in host universities;
- Time management and working rules;
- Audit report writing.
Two cohorts of 6-7 students from each partner university have been trained so far. During the Auditor training programme students write their reflections about their learning process, they fill in pre-and post-training surveys. The Auditor training programme is revised and updated after each training and audit completed.